Chicago Auto Accident Lawyer
Each year, more than 1.35 million people die in auto accidents in the United States – an average of 3,700 per day. Another 20-50 million suffer non-fatal injuries, many of which result in long term disabilities.
If you or a loved one has been involved in an accident caused by another driver’s negligence in Chicago or the Greater Cook County area, it’s important to seek legal counsel from an auto accident lawyer immediately. Working with your insurance company is not enough. An experienced personal injury law firm can ensure you receive maximum compensation to recover medical expenses, loss of income, pain and suffering, and accommodations relating to your home or automobile.
Auto Accident Lawyer in Chicago
Call (312) 201-8600 or visit our contact page to schedule your free, no-obligation consultation with our personal injury lawyers. We represent clients on a contingency fee basis – meaning you pay nothing unless you win.
Types of Auto Accidents
Below are some of the most common automobile collision cases we handle:
Frequently Asked Questions
How long after an auto accident can you file a claim?
In the State of Illinois, you can file a personal injury claim up to two years from the date of the automobile accident. You have up to five years to file a claim involving property damage resulting from the accident, including damage to your vehicle or physical property.
What should I do if I’m involved in an automobile accident?
- Stop your vehicle and assess the health and safety of all parties involved.
- Call the police. Even if the damage seems minor at the time, a police report may be critical should you decide to file a claim at a later date.
- Exchange information with the other driver, including name, home address, and insurance information.
- Gather information from any witnesses at the scene, including name, address, and telephone number.
- Take photos of the scene, as well as any damage to vehicles or people involved.
- Seek legal counsel. Prior to speaking with your insurance company, it’s important to speak with an experienced personal injury lawyer. We can ensure you receive maximum compensation to cover any potential medical expenses, lost income, property damage, and emotional pain and suffering. It’s important to note that once you accept an offer from an insurance company, you can’t sue for more compensation at a later date. An attorney can ensure you receive fair compensation for current and future damages resulting from an accident.
- Contact your insurance company. If you are at fault, you will file a claim with your insurance carrier. If the other party is at fault, you will file a claim with their insurance carrier.
- Report the accident to the State. Illinois requires all drivers involved in a crash to file an accident report for any crash that caused death, injury or more than $1,500 in property damage within 10 days of the incident. This report is typically provided at the scene by the responding officer. It may also be found at any police station or sheriff’s office. Learn more
Bus Accident Resources
Susan Loggans Law
Susan E. Loggans & Associates has a staunch reputation in Chicago and the Greater Cook County area for getting automobile accident victims the justice they deserve.
Our experienced personal injury lawyers will work with you toward a positive resolution of your case and assist you in developing a clear understanding of your accident and the injuries you suffered. We handle all of the investigative legwork, allowing families the time needed to recover from injury and/or grieve.
If you or a loved one has suffered injuries or death due to an automobile accident, contact our office immediately to discuss your options and lawful rights to compensation. Call (312) 201-8600 or visit our contact page to schedule a free, no-obligation consultation with our personal injury experts, who will provide a complete evaluation of your case.